Folks we have an engine

The day started with mounting the engine. Only hiccup was “losing” one of the engine mount spacers. But thirty minutes later I found it in my pocket, please don’t ask…

Then I got some work done on final wiring/labeling of the pilot switches. The only wiring remaining in the cockpit is the Starter/Mag switch. Probably knock that out tomorrow and see if the electronics come alive or if they blow up.

The big excitement for the day was the next round of grinding and sanding on the cabin top. Having a winch to raise/lower the cabin top was key. Lots of work but 99% of the fitting is complete. Need a bit of touch up on the flange rear seats and back to get the top skin to meet nicely but the heavy lifting is done!

No Comments

Leave a Comment